cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to pass parameters of one service to navigation widget?

ahawaldar
1-Newbie

How to pass parameters of one service to navigation widget?

Hi,

I have a drop down list widget. GetImplementedThings service is mapped with this widget. There is a navigation widget of type pop up which will display details of selected things in dropdown in a separate pop up? I need to send the selected item from dropdown to navigation widget's service? Please help me how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Azim

16 REPLIES 16
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ahawaldar)

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Have you tried using the Selected row(s) -> Property of the Service feeding the Dropdown list widget? i.e. Service in the Right Panel.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Since the navigator widget is a separate mashup, while Selected row(s) -> Property of the Service feeding the Dropdown list widget is from other mashup? Had it been same mashup I could have used your suggestion, since navigator widget is a separate widget I cannot use this?

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Add a mashup parameter in the Popup Mashup. Now readd the mashup name in the Navigation widget. The parameter will show in the Navigation widget properties. Bind it with the Selected row(s) -> Property of the Service feeding the Dropdown list widget.

This parameter can be used in the Popup Mashup.

I hope it helps.

Hello Ankit Gupta​,

Appreciate your help if you can show me this with pictures. I am unable to find these mashup parameter.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

azim hawaldar​,

Edit  the mashup that is showing in the popup and click on the icon shown the screenshot.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I did as per your recommendations. However I cannot see the output on the navigation Mashup. Below is the mapping for navigation widget

navigator.png

As you can see in above image, the EntityName mashup parameter is binded to DynamicThingTemplate_service. So whatever thing name is passed to this EntityName mashup parameter, only the service with respect to it will be triggere.

Next, below is the mashup bindings for main mash up in which the above navigator mash up is used.

mainmashup.png

As you can see that, Selected row(s) -> Property of the Service feeding the Dropdown list widget is binded to navigation mashup. (Marked with red arrow). But when I view the mashup and click on navigator widget I am not able to see the desired output.

Thanks,

Azim

Hello Ankit Gupta​,

Awaiting for your reply. Currently blocked wit this. Can you please unblock me?

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Please bind EntityNameChanged event to QueryPropertyHistory to run the Service in Navigation Mashup.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I was off work for 2 days. Where is this EntityNameChanged  event? I could not found it. Appreciate your help if you can show this with pictures.

Thanks,

Azim

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I am able to bind EntityNameChanged  to QueryPropertyHistory. However I am still unable to see the output. Just to let you know, QueryPropertyHistory is being ran on a Stream, where in data from all the things is written. Can you please tell me what wrong I have done here?

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

QueryPropertyHistory Service is called from the Thing not the Value Stream.

For example; Thing Thing1 has a Value Stream ValueStream1; QueryPropertyHistory service is ran from Thing1.

I hope it helps.

Hello Ankit Gupta​,

What has to be done in this situation. My use case is there are N number of things and all things has to write data to common stream, so that using this stream data can be displayed on Mashup?

Thanks,
Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Does all N things have same Thing Template? If yes, you can use GetImplementingThings Service of the Thing Template to get list of all Things. Then add QuerypropertyHistory Service as Dynamic Service of Thing Template. Now based on the selection of ThingName corresponding data from QuerypropertyHistory Service.

It is also explained in the PTC University Training.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I have done exactly the same. i.e. name of Selected Rows of GetImplementingThings Service is mapped to EntityName msh up paramter of navigation widget. This EntityName in navigation widget is mapped to EntityName of Dynamic service of a Stream(since data is fetched from Stream not the thing template).

When I invoke the service all values are displayed as NaN.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

azim hawaldar, Per my understanding It should be mapped to EntityName of Dynamic service of the ThingTemplate.

Data is stored in Value Stream but is Read from the Thing which is writing the data to the Value Stream.

If we try to run the QuerypropertyHistory Service on the Value Stream; we are trying to fetch data from the Value Stream assigned to our Value Stream.

Because ValueStream is also a type of thing and it can have it's own Value Stream.

I hope it helps.

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:ankigupta)

Hi Ankit,

I have as you said but am unable to get the data of a particular thing when  i select, returns empty table.

Top Tags