cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to pass parameters to the create pdf service?

Vamsee_115
6-Contributor

How to pass parameters to the create pdf service?

Hi all,

I am using PDFExtension to create pdf for my mashup.

When I pass the server address and executing the CreatePDF service I am getting empty pdf.

Please help me to resolve it.

Please find the attached screenshots.

4 REPLIES 4

I saw the attached screenshot ,the problem is you did not pass the App Key in the arguments .Pass the app key of the associated user from which you are logged in .For example if you are logged in from Administrator ,there will be a app key in the Security -> App Key section of the composer .See the tested screenshot from my instance .

Let me know if you are not able to get the PDF even after passing the App Key .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Vamsee_115
6-Contributor
(To:mnarang)

Hi Mnarang,

I am passing the APP key too and still I am getting empty pdf. Below are the values I am passing as parameters.

FileRepository : SystemRepository

AppKey : e207d02d-fa02-48ed-93af-805be887c290

ServerAddress : http://localhost:8090/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=testmashup

OutputFileName :  Report.pdf

Resolution : 1366*768 

Please review and let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Ideally it should work ,this is how we execute this service .The app key which you are using is associated with which user ? Can you directly hit the server address in the browser tab when you are logged in from the user which is associated with the app key ? I can see that you have 4 buttons on the test mashup ,do you see these after directly hitting the server address in the browser tab from the user who is associated with the app key ?

Reason being ,this is how it works .It tries to take a snapshot of the server address from the user who's app key is there in the argument .

I will also suggest you to review Application logs in debug mode after clicking the createPDF service .Is it giving some meaningful info there ? 

Is there any proxy at tomcat level ? Which might be blocking the server address to pick up while calling createPDF .

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mnarang)

Hi @Vamsee_115.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags