cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to read/get SQL Query Output which is NUMBER

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

How to read/get SQL Query Output which is NUMBER

This is my Query which returns the result in Infotable.

SELECT COUNT(*) AS TotalCount
FROM dbo.ML1QualityDataTable
WHERE lineName = [[lineName]]
AND CAST(qualityCheckTimestamp AS DATE) = CAST(GETDATE() AS DATE);

Result of Query:

Jamal8548_0-1711000136601.png

Now here is my service which executes the above service and get the result but here i am unable to get the result as an output. How to read this output of query from the JS service.   Mydatashape contains only one field named TotalCount of infotable type.

let mergedInfotable  = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape({
                        infoTableName: "InfoTable",
                        dataShapeName: "V2.TotalCount.DS"
                    });

let ab = Things['V2.MYSQLDatabaseController'].SQLQuery_GetTodaysEntriesCount({
   lineName:'ML1'
});

let a= mergedInfotable.AddRow(ab.rows[0]);
let result=a;
logger.info(ab.rows[0]);

i get this error:-

Error executing service ComputeKey. Message :: Unable To Convert To Value Collection: Conversion Error on Field TotalCount : Unable To Convert From java.lang.Integer to INFOTABLE - See Script Error Log for more details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got the solution so it does not matter that if query returns the result as an infotable. We can access it as a number. Here is the code:

});

let result= ab.TotalCount;

// I have set the output for this service as a number but the SQLQuery service output is infotable. 
//Happy Coding

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I got the solution so it does not matter that if query returns the result as an infotable. We can access it as a number. Here is the code:

});

let result= ab.TotalCount;

// I have set the output for this service as a number but the SQLQuery service output is infotable. 
//Happy Coding
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Jamal8548)

Just so you know, this is just a shortcut/syntactic sugar version of

let result=ab.rows[0].TotalCount;

Jamal8548
11-Garnet
(To:Rocko)

Thank you @Rocko for your reply, as my SQL query returns output as an infotable and only in one row which is TotalCount so just for testing i thought i can directly access it from infotable and access it but then i have discovered that it is just a NUMBER and i can access it direclty as above. 

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Jamal8548)

Sure. I just wanted to make clear this is a special characteristic of the infotable how it provides quick access to the first row.

Top Tags