cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to read values in ThingWorx?

GabrielSoftenge
4-Participant

How to read values in ThingWorx?

I am trying to read some values from an OPC server into Thingworx. Until now I have made the connection between OPC Aggregator and Thingworx Composer following the steps of the industrial connections: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FIndustrialConnections%2FIndustrialConnectionsExample.html . So the connection status is ok and I can reach the tags inside ThingWorx, although I am not aware of the next steps to read the values in Thingworx when they change in the server. Do I have to create a java scrip or do something else? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If everything was successful and running, you should see the values of those properties change correct?

If not please check your Application Log for errors

So what next steps are you looking to take?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Did you create properties on a remote thing and bind the tags to those properties?

That would be the next step

Thanks for answer. Yes I did.

If everything was successful and running, you should see the values of those properties change correct?

If not please check your Application Log for errors

So what next steps are you looking to take?

The original idea was to connect with vuforia, but I've found out it is not possible with the trial version. We wanted to see how to get data from a PLC and present on a cellphone using this architecture, and also what is possible to do with vuforia. I've got from PLC to thingworkx, and I've use the data provided by vuforia trial to create widgets and present on a cellphone. So I think this is it. I will give a look on the log errors. 

Thanks again

Top Tags