cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to return to first mashup from second mashup without loosing data of first mashup?

Sheetal_sable
12-Amethyst

How to return to first mashup from second mashup without loosing data of first mashup?

Hi,

I have two mashups i.e mashup1 and mashup2. Mashup1 contains grid that displays data based on text value. Clicking on grid row Mashup2 popups and displays data related to selected row. Now what I want is to use one navigation on mashup2, which  redirects to Mashup1 without losing existing data of Mashup1. I tried to include navigation as back button in mashup2 used session variable to store data, but Mashup1 data becomes blank.

Please provide solution for this and thanks in advance.

Thank You,

Sheetal Sable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The data you write down in mashup1 is stored in Browser cache in the first attempt, if you don't want to lose the data, either keep the mashup1 alive when you open mashup2 or save the input data to twx server if mashup1 need to be closed.

1. mashup1, don't need to be closed, then you can use Navigate with Popup to view Mashup2, and when you close the popup, your previous input is still safe for mashup1.

2. mashup1 need to be closed, then you need a button or some event to save your input to TWX properties, and when mashup1 is re-loaded, you need another service to extract the stored data on the mashup loaded event.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The data you write down in mashup1 is stored in Browser cache in the first attempt, if you don't want to lose the data, either keep the mashup1 alive when you open mashup2 or save the input data to twx server if mashup1 need to be closed.

1. mashup1, don't need to be closed, then you can use Navigate with Popup to view Mashup2, and when you close the popup, your previous input is still safe for mashup1.

2. mashup1 need to be closed, then you need a button or some event to save your input to TWX properties, and when mashup1 is re-loaded, you need another service to extract the stored data on the mashup loaded event.

Top Tags