cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to select a rows from Table/Grid ,and send value to another sevice?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to select a rows from Table/Grid ,and send value to another sevice?

Hello,

I am printing some rows on mashup in Grid with 4 columns.

I want to select a row from grid and send a particular value of a column to another service after clicking on that row.

How can I achive this?

Example:-

I am displaying Windchill part information on grid, i.e.  Name,number, version, State.

Their are multiple row on grid.

when I select a particular row ,  the number column value should be send to the service and that service should get executed.

I have got solution for this using double click, but I want this on single click.  Also every grid does not show selected Row option.

Please Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:shindemayur)

If the service that is populating the Grid has a datashape assigned, then you will have Selected Row(s) and Selected Row Changed event available to you, those you can use for what you want to accomplish

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If the service that is populating the Grid has a datashape assigned, then you will have Selected Row(s) and Selected Row Changed event available to you, those you can use for what you want to accomplish

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

@PaiChung

@PaiChung

Thank you so much !

I have one more Issue now, I want to select multiple row and display each Image related to that row. 

I have attached the sample to this reply , which shows how my output should be like.

Just allow multi-select on the Grid, and bind Selected Rows to a service that returns the Infotable with the images an other information.

For the right panel (the one with images and other widgets) use a Repeater widget with the output of the previous service.

Hello @CarlesColl and  @PaiChung ,

If  I selected 3 row from grid , How to pass all three values to that service ? Because when I do "ctrl+mouse click"

SelectRowChanged takes only last clicked row.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Make sure your service input is of type infotable matching the datashape of the data in the table.

then pass the 'selected row(s)' line to the input parameter

now your service will receive the whole infotable.

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

@PaiChung  Thank you for your support.

Now I am able to get InfoTable of selected rows.

I am binding that service to Repeater , due to which repeater how much the count should be to repeat.

but , Next problem is,

I am having another mashup which display Images and I had to pass the input to the service which is bind to that Image widget.

So How is it possible to send a parameter of service from main Mashup(containing Repeater) to another mashup(which display Image) ?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can use Mashup parameters for that or in disconnected cases where the main mashup doesn't directly relate to the other mashup, you can use session parameters.

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

Thank you @PaiChung .

It really helps. Problem Solved .

Top Tags