cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to send only delta of properties value from Thingworx Android agent to platform

RaajeevHDave
7-Bedrock

How to send only delta of properties value from Thingworx Android agent to platform

I am developing Android Agent and I want to send property value if there is any change in value otherwise that property should not send to Platform. Right now if programmatically blank that property then it got blank in platform also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:RaajeevHDave)

Then would set the change type to Value but also make sure that in Thingworx it is set to read from cache

and then capture the null value and don't transmit those.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

sounds like the issue is that as you acquire the data sometimes it comes in as blank vs. an actual value.

going from a value to blank is still considered a value change so it is transmitted.

If you need to prevent that, then you will have to prevent that value to be written to the property in the agent.

Thanks. Sorry I think my question was wrong. I want to stop data being sent to Platform from Android agent if data is not changed.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Then would set the change type to Value but also make sure that in Thingworx it is set to read from cache

and then capture the null value and don't transmit those.

Top Tags