cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to send user data from view to Thingworx composer

Desai
11-Garnet

How to send user data from view to Thingworx composer

Hi,

How read the value passed in the ThingWorx view using the Input Text Field widget into the Composer.

In Composer I have created a Thing and added the "Name" property.I am binding the text value of the Input text field to the Name property. On the button click it has to store the value in the Name property of composer. I am unable to find how to do this.

Is there any way to read the input from the user and check in the composer the same value is reflected or not.

Thanks

Vaishnavi 

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Desai)

Not sure if our terminology matches.

But a Thing can be written to using a service called SetProperties in a Mashup

the other way would be to create a specific service which you then expose in a mashup.

Desai
11-Garnet
(To:PaiChung)

I am using Text Input widget in ThingWorx studio for the user in the ThingWorx View application to input the value(number or string). How do I store the values entered by the user in the Thingworx view to my Composer.

Also I have tried using "inText = $scope.app.mdl['thingName'].property.PropertyName" in Thigworx studio javascript. But the inText value is not updated in the Composer. Also in the Composer I have created a "Thing" and also the "Name" property which is assigned to the "text" field of the Text Input widget. 

I am not able to read the value input from the user in my Composer.

Thanks,

Desai

Top Tags