cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to set disable or enable(Read Only) properties for Vertical Slider Widget in Thingworx Composer?

NERaj
13-Aquamarine

How to set disable or enable(Read Only) properties for Vertical Slider Widget in Thingworx Composer?

Hi,

I wanted to set a disable or enable (Read only) properties for vertical slider widget in ThingWorx composer. How can I make it possible?

Tried with all possible ways but not able to set it.

Please provide some idea?

Please find the attached screen shot.

Thanks & Regards

Nagaraj Enamate

3 REPLIES 3
pgrodowski
13-Aquamarine
(To:NERaj)

Hello,

If I understand correctly you would like to disable the possibility of the Slider to be edited manually by dragging it correct?

If that's the case, to my knowledge there is no out of the box solution for this.

I could think of 2 possible workarounds to handle this regardless:

1. The easier solution, bind ValueChanged Event for Increment and Decrement, on any change while the Slider should be constant reset the value to the one you want the slider to stay at. This won't prevent the slider to be dragged but it will allow overriding any change and reset it.

2. Implement a custom Shape and use a Label to display the current setting, use this shape in place of the Slider when you don't want it to be changed. More implementation intensive.

For both solutions you would have to "cache" the values and reuse them to keep the slider position.

Please let me know if this answered your question.

Regards,

Pascal

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:pgrodowski)

Hi @NERaj.

If the response provided by @pgrodowski answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for using our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

NERaj
13-Aquamarine
(To:pgrodowski)

Hello Pascal,

I am really sorry for delay reply.

If I understand correctly you would like to disable the possibility of the Slider to be edited manually by dragging it correct?

Ans: YES

Second possible workaround :

How to implement the custom shape in Thingworx composer?

Thanks & Regard

Nagaraj K E K

Top Tags