cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to set values as parameters in SQL query. Knowing this values are coming from Kepware.

AO_10482328
4-Participant

How to set values as parameters in SQL query. Knowing this values are coming from Kepware.

Hello, everyone!

I have this project. Where we have a thing receving values coming from Kepware.

TAG.png

We have to replace this "values" to "text" and display to a mashup
For this reason we have a SQL query bringind all the data in a table.

SQL.png

 Questions:

1 - Is possible, somehow bring the (thing values) as input parameters in the SQL query ?

2 - The (thing values) ​​have updates. For this reason, is it possible to do it dynamically?

Let me know if you need more information. I'm not sure if I made it clear enough.

ThankYou in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AO_10482328 ,

1) We can create Input parameters to SQL Command/Query by "[[VALUE FIELD]]" below image in Thingworx service,

Arun_C_0-1693825832557.png

2) For automatic update of live value, you can call this service to your Remote Thing Subscribtions based on respective live property's Data Change event we can log the data to SQL Database

Arun_C_1-1693826361812.png

Note: This method may not be advised because it will hit the database frequently based on live data updates for each parameters due to that data traffic may occurs.

Another suggestion, If you want to display the  live data on mashup means, without doing any external logging you can able to get live property values based on Thingworx default Remote Thing > Services like, You can choose based on requirement.

• GetPropertyValuesVTQ
  • GetPropertyValuesVTQA
  • GetPropertyValuesAsMultiRowTable

Arun_C_2-1693827309993.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AO_10482328 ,

1) We can create Input parameters to SQL Command/Query by "[[VALUE FIELD]]" below image in Thingworx service,

Arun_C_0-1693825832557.png

2) For automatic update of live value, you can call this service to your Remote Thing Subscribtions based on respective live property's Data Change event we can log the data to SQL Database

Arun_C_1-1693826361812.png

Note: This method may not be advised because it will hit the database frequently based on live data updates for each parameters due to that data traffic may occurs.

Another suggestion, If you want to display the  live data on mashup means, without doing any external logging you can able to get live property values based on Thingworx default Remote Thing > Services like, You can choose based on requirement.

• GetPropertyValuesVTQ
  • GetPropertyValuesVTQA
  • GetPropertyValuesAsMultiRowTable

Arun_C_2-1693827309993.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Top Tags