cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to show Fast Fourier transform for a set of readings from accelerometer in mash up?

ahawaldar
1-Newbie

How to show Fast Fourier transform for a set of readings from accelerometer in mash up?

Hi,

I have a set of readings from accelerometer. These readings are acceleration of vibrations. How can I use these readings and draw FFT and show it on mash up?

Thanks,

Azim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ahawaldar)

change the seriesType1 property of the xy widget to line to get a line.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Azim, have you already connected the accelerometer to ThingWorx? How are you currently getting and storing the data in ThingWorx?

Hi Sushant,

I have not connected yet. I am thinking of using JAVA SDK and connect accelerometer  to SDK and from SDK push the data to thingworx platform. I am a newbie to thingworx. Can you help me how should I achieve this?

Thanks,

Azim

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Azim, I'm not sure what sort of device it is but you can consider using ThingWorx's C SDK or ThingWorx WS EMS for streaming the reading data to ThingWorx. Both of these SDKs are suitable for supporting the devices which inherently lack the computation power. Indeed you can use the ThingWorx Java SDK if you see that fit for your scenario.

If you are starting afresh with the connectivity I would recommend you to go through the Homepage - Developer Zone : ThingWorx   and check the Connectivity section it include the learning labs and other must have information for you. If you are connecting your device to something like RaspberryPi or Arduino you can try referencing this great postUsing the C SDK to Deliver Data to ThingWorx from a Raspberry PI

Once you are decided on which SDK to go with, reading data could be logged to a ValueStream, i.e. if you are looking to continue monitoring the readings every n number of seconds/minutes. I think you will also need a custom JS script for implementing the algorithm on processing the reading which you are getting from the accelerometer before you can log that onto any widget, again this part will depend how you are post processing the data you are receiving from the device.

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for giving me some heads up, I will start with this and let you know if am facing any issues. Also, can you suggest me how to show this data on mashup?

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

You can use the gauge widget to show the current acceleration and if you are logging the readings from accelerometer; you can use Time Series chart to show the variation.

Do let us know if you have any specific question on implementation.

Hi Ankit,

In FFT there is no concept of time. So time series will not work. I should plot amplitude versus frequency.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

You can use xy chart to plot amplitude versus frequency on Mashup

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

For more information on xy chart please check PTC and search for XY chart widget.

Hello Ankit Gupta​,

I did saw the XY chart widget, but this widget is not meeting my requirement. I would like to have something like thisfft2.gif

But what XY chart does is as below.

xychart.jpg

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

change the seriesType1 property of the xy widget to line to get a line.

Thanks Ankit Gupta​.

Top Tags