cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to show Time Series Chart data based on a List (multi) selection

bhnaim
4-Participant

How to show Time Series Chart data based on a List (multi) selection

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to make the Time Series Chart widget able to show only the data that is selected on the list widget (multi-selection available).

How to do that ?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:bhnaim)

Hi,

I think this video might describe what you are looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-ALgFKNpE&feature=youtu.be

from about 6 minutes in.

K

bhnaim
4-Participant
(To:khayes1)

This video helped me a lot! Thank you very much. 

But the multi-selection is not working ... I can only show one data at a time... 

Every time I select multiple rows, only the data of the last selected row is shown.

Any idea?

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Without knowing  more details it is hard to say.

Could you pass the returned data to a grid, as a test, to see if it is the service not returning the correct data?

If it is returning the correct data then it will probably be a configuration issue (DataSource) on the time series chart.

If it isn't returning the correct data then I would pass the input params table into another grid to check that the input table has your multi selections. I'm assuming that you are binding the 'SelectedRows' from the GetLoggedProperties service to propertyNames parameter of the QueryNamedPropertyHistory service.

bhnaim
4-Participant
(To:khayes1)

So, I made few tests with a grid as you asked me :

I created a new grid and bound the QueryNamedPropertyHistory 'All Data' into the 'Data' grid.

Every time i select a single row, the grid shows the correct data. But when i multi select a second row, only the second row data is shown.

(For info, i didn't use any custom service. They are all Thingworx provided ones).

bhnaim
4-Participant

The more i try, the more i feel i am missing something with multiselection.. is there any example of a multiselection List widget that provides a Grid widget with the current data selected ?

Because in my case, i have never been able to have more than the data corresponding to the last selected item in the list shown in the grid..

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @bhnaim.

Are you trying to combine different data sets into one single data set or display multiple data series into one time series chart?  We're going to need more information for determining an approach to handling this.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @bhnaim.

Just wondering if you're still trying to solve your issue.  If you have found a solution, please post it for the benefit of others in the community or mark an existing response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags