cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to style autocomplete widget?

rpatil-21
2-Guest

How to style autocomplete widget?

Hello All,

We are using autocomplete widget. We need to change style for the autocomplete widget as well as need to change height & width.

I have tried giving different height & width but at runtime size of autocomplete widget is same as default.

Also there is no option to add style definition.

Can anyone please let me know how to add style definition & change height & width of the autocomplete widget.

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka Patil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For styling I didn't customized it, but for better resizing support yes, here you have our customized Autocomplete widget ( we where on 6.5.X last month, now we are on 7.3.X ) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r6l342vntfxrpc/Autocomplete_Extension.zip?dl=0

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Renuka, On which TW version are you working, if you are on 7.3.6 and above, or 7.4.3 or above List Widget has a new mode which it's "Combo Box" that allows similar features to the old Marketplace Autocomplete widget, maybe with this widget you have more features. If you have to relay on Marketplace autocomplete widget, you will have to think on customizing it for yourself if you want the features you asked for. Best Regards, Carles.

Hello Carles,

Thanks for your quick response

I am using TW 6.5.0 & marketplace autocomplete widget.

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka Patil

For styling I didn't customized it, but for better resizing support yes, here you have our customized Autocomplete widget ( we where on 6.5.X last month, now we are on 7.3.X ) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r6l342vntfxrpc/Autocomplete_Extension.zip?dl=0

Can you confirm styling against the 1.1.3 autocomplete widget does not support applying a style to the drop downs?

Thank you.

Yes you can't.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles, the link no longer appears to work. I would really like this updated extension, do you have another link please?

Thanks

Copy the text of the link and paste it to the browser, it works.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Thanks Carles,

tried that but unfortunately my browser won't allow a connection due to certificate/security issues.

Appreciate the effort though.

Do it with your mobile phone or whatever... and then send it over email.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

seems windows is much more forgiving than linux. Got it now, thank you

ot550
6-Contributor

Hi CarlesColl, We are having business requirements to show more than 5000 objects in autosuggest dropdown.But using combobox widget in Thingworx * its slow due to limtations of entries (500 max).So we have to use autocomplete widget.We are facing following issues .Please guide.

1) Not able to change height and Width of the widget.

2) If you selected the any value from the autocomplete widget and then if you remove the value from the widget.Still its remain in the session after removal also.Its not cleared from the session so causing issue.Need to reload the page.

1. If you use my customized version of autocomplete widget you will be able to change width and height: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r6l342vntfxrpc/Autocomplete_Extension.zip?dl=0

2. Yes you are right, Autocomplete widget it's a bit buggy on those cases, my recommendation it's that you unzip the extension (my one) and correct this behaviour yourself and then repackage it, it's not that hard.

Top Tags