cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to transfer data from ThingWorx to Hadoop

RaajeevHDave
7-Bedrock

How to transfer data from ThingWorx to Hadoop

We want to transfer data (Postgres database) from Thingwrox to Hadoop. How  can we active this considering Thingworx will be in PCI zone so we cannot directly access database of Thingworx.

Please suggest.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Rajeev,

Why is it necessary to pull data into Hadoop?  Is it purely a volume issue and an inability to query data due to volumes? 

If so, I may be able to offer an alternative that keeps the data in a database that looks exactly like postgress but can support analytics in real time.  That would allow you to simply change the storage mechanism and support query.

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks Appreciate your response. You are right because of volume. We already have Hadoop in our organization and we want to leverage Data Lake . We do not have any mechanism to connect Hadoop in ThingWrox right now. Do you know anything which can connect Hadoop. 

Hi Rajeev,

I don't have any specific ideas, but I can tell you that EdgeIntelligence.com is a direct replacement for PostgreSQL that supports big data.  We are currently testing 3 nodes at 250 Million rows each, can query individual nodes, combination of nodes, all nodes using standard BI tools. 

You can contact me at patrick.mccormick@edgeintelligence.com and set a time next week to discuss.

Best

Patrick

Hello Dave, I have been trying to find the way for the question you asked about i.e.How to transfer data from ThingWorx to Hadoop Sorry for that, I have idea that you can attend free demo class on Hadoop so that you can find an answer for that. This can work out for you.

Thanks

Sarahjohn

Top Tags