cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to use Data filter in mashup? what is the service required?

Muthu_chithira
7-Bedrock

How to use Data filter in mashup? what is the service required?

First time am using this 'Data filter' widget.

I dont know how to use it

I saw video which is given in document.

There, they binding 'data filter-> query' to 'service' in thing.

Now my doubt is

what should i do in service? I must write SQL query? what query i have to use? 

What should i give input ? How to get input query?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know which version of TWX you're using, but it's quite clear to use it in TWX 8.3

You have a Filter widget, bind a infotable result from a service to it, and view mashup, you can then click on the Add Filter in the widget, and it will expand a list of propertis (from the infotable Datashape) to listen to.

Select any row, you'll know how to use the expressions. Then you can drag the Query field of the Filter widget to the service you get the Infotable data from in Data panel service list

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I don't know which version of TWX you're using, but it's quite clear to use it in TWX 8.3

You have a Filter widget, bind a infotable result from a service to it, and view mashup, you can then click on the Add Filter in the widget, and it will expand a list of propertis (from the infotable Datashape) to listen to.

Select any row, you'll know how to use the expressions. Then you can drag the Query field of the Filter widget to the service you get the Infotable data from in Data panel service list

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:zyuan1)

Hi @Muthu_chithira.

If the response provided by @zyuan1 helped to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for using our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

I made all the connections.

Trigger service through an event

But data is not filtering yet.

In service i wrote "Select * from table" query..

Should i change anything in query??

Just make sure the service result you get is a valid Infotable (Show it in a Grid to check), and it can be binded to the Filter widget.

When you open the mashup, can you find your result columns under + sign of the Filter?

s i can see under +sign

In Service (query) also executed successfully and retrived table from db also

Then just apply those tokens to filter the data, was it not working?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:zyuan1)

Hi @Muthu_chithira.

If one of the previous responses helped you to solve your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags