cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to use my own QueryImplementingThingsWithData service in a mashup ?

pjoly
11-Garnet

How to use my own QueryImplementingThingsWithData service in a mashup ?

Hello

I would like to create a custom service with some filters for QueryImplementingThingsWithData in order to be able to use in an advanced  grid and to keep the "Query" parameter available for the grid functions such as search, filter, sort, etc ... functions

The issue is that my thing template is made of several Thing shapes so I cannot select it for infotable  output of my custom service, so I cannot bind in mashups.

Is there another way to filter this  QueryImplementingThingsWithData  and to keep the "query" parameter free for binding with advanced gris filter ?

How is it done in the mashup Data as the QueryImplementingThingsWithData   is returning all properties from different shapes of my Thing template  when used directly from the Composer ?

Thnaks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can create your own DataShape with all the desired fields, and set as output of your custom Wrapper Services as pointed out by Polina.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:pjoly)

Perhaps I'm not understanding the issue correctly, but you could create a custom service that wraps QueryImplementingThingsWithData, doing all the necessary logic and first-hand filtering in that service. You'd set your output to infotable.

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:posipova)

The issue is that the thing template is built of several data shapes.

So the infotable returned by  my own service using QueryImplementingThingsWithData cannot be used in mashups.

The generic "QueryImplementingThingsWithData"  is returning all properties from different data shapes making the thing template, but I did not find how to do it with my customized service.

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:posipova)

Hello

no idea to solve this issue or to use another way ?

Thanks

You can create your own DataShape with all the desired fields, and set as output of your custom Wrapper Services as pointed out by Polina.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @pjoly.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for participating in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

That what my initial idea if now way to avoid the recreate the all shapes properties in a new shape (quite a lot in total)

I'll do like this

Top Tags