cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to use the breadcrumb widget

jvisser
9-Granite

How to use the breadcrumb widget

I am trying to use a breadcrumb widget to help navigate through selections on my mashup. The widget is not working the way I think it should based on the information here: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/BreadcrumbWidgetThemable.html

I have looked in the community, Thingworx developers guide, PTC support and I cannot find any documentation or guides on how to actually use the breadcrumb widget. Can anyone provide a guide on how to use the breadcrumb widget or an example set of entites I can import and see how the bindings and input data are setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jvisser)

Hi @jvisser.

To follow up on this post after working the case, an article has been written to provide some additional explanation around use of the breadcrumb widget.  The online documentation is also targeted for update in the future.

Please review the article and if you agree that it captures the needed information, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you have suggestions for improvement, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jvisser.

I'm checking to see if we have any detailed documentation on the breadcrumb widget.

In the meantime, if you can provide more detail around your use case, we might be able to suggest another way, such as the Navigate widget.  Or if you can provide some detail regarding the issues you are encountering, we may be able to assist with those specific questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

The use case I have is classifying downtime reasons. In this case there are some reason categories and each category will have a set of reasons. For the purpose of this example lets say the data is like a tree where any node could have multiple children and the depth of the tree is theoretically infinite.

See screen shot BreadCrumb1.png as the starting point.

Every time a selection is made(ex unspecified) the data set changes to the children of the node.

See screen shot BreadCrumb2.png

This can continue on and on until you reach your final selection and the path of selections should be shown in the breadcrumb at the top. If I want to go back I should be able to click on any node in the breadcrumb and that set of children will be shown.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jvisser.

Since we have not been successful in locating more in-depth documentation on this, I am opening a case in your name which will allow me to then open a case with our engineering team.  You will be receiving an email with the case number.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello @slangley ,

I have a similar use case.  I would appreciate to know what the outcome of the case is going to be.

My current work around is different lists that populate based on the previous list selection but I don't think it is the best solution.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi everyone.

Once I receive feedback from R&D, I will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jvisser.

To follow up on this post after working the case, an article has been written to provide some additional explanation around use of the breadcrumb widget.  The online documentation is also targeted for update in the future.

Please review the article and if you agree that it captures the needed information, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you have suggestions for improvement, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags