cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to visible navigation button in Mashup with different user

alfinip1996
6-Contributor

How to visible navigation button in Mashup with different user

Hello Everyone, I'm newbie in Thingworx. I have a project with this platform.

How to get visibility in navigation button with different User?

For Example,  

I want to build a Mashup with username and password login. Even, it can directly access to the mashup. But, the display is in read only mode or Navigation Button isn't available. Then, if User login with Username and Password, so the display will show the navigation button that they can operate it.

Anybody can help me with the step by step? Thanks

Best Regards,

Muhammad Alfin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:alfinip1996)

You can use a service to grab currentUser/currentUserGroups and return a 'true/false'

So you will need to create a service that uses one of these services and then compare that to  some reference to determine to output a true or false to control visibility

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Each widget has a Visible property.

Toggle that based on who is logged in.

You can use a service to grab currentUser/currentUserGroups and return a 'true/false' 

alfinip1996
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Hello @PaiChung  Thanks for your response

Would you tell me about the service code? and  what kind of snippets of the service in the thing that have a correlation about current user then it will give the state value based on user?

Thank you very much

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

So you will need to create a service that uses one of these services and then compare that to  some reference to determine to output a true or false to control visibility

alfinip1996
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Okaay, it's work!!

Thank you very much

Top Tags