cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

I am trying to combine two queries in postgres to use it in thingworx but it shows error.

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

I am trying to combine two queries in postgres to use it in thingworx but it shows error.

Hi,

I have an staging table "test1" created in Postgresql v9.6 which has all the other tables under a column <tablename>. I wanted to select all data from another table through the staging table "test1".

I used a query SELECT * FROM (SELECT tableName FROM public."Test1" where id='1')  

How can I solve this? Please provide some help.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

I think this reference doc may answer your questions.  Please let us know if you have further questions after reading this.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @svisveswaraiya

You indicated you were trying to query PostgreSQL 9.6.  Is this your model provider or are you using it as a data provider?  This version is not supported if using as the model provider for ThingWorx.

Could you provide the error message you are getting?  Have you checked the logs for more information regarding the failure?  Is your query being executed in ThingWorx or are you running this in PostgreSQL?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi slangley ,

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to execute this in Postgres and now I have upgraded to 8.2 version of ThingWorx and so using Postgres 9.4. And what is the model provider and data provider? are you reffering to external plug in or the persistence provider?

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

I think this reference doc may answer your questions.  Please let us know if you have further questions after reading this.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

If the previous response answered your questions, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags