cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

INFOTABLE Properties - why can I sometimes not delete rows?

jasong
1-Newbie

INFOTABLE Properties - why can I sometimes not delete rows?

Sometimes, with an infotable property, when I am editing its values manually in Composer, I cannot delete rows, as in there is no option to select a row to use the delete button with.

I used to think that this was due to the table's datashape not having a primary key, but that is not the case as I just proved to myself.

Is this a Composer bug? Or am I missing something? Here is an example of a Thing with a property Versions using a datashape that has a primary key.

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:jasong)

Could be a bug. What version of ThingWorx are you using?

Good point, I always forget to include that

This is on 7.0.3, but I have seen in off an off throughout many version 4.x and up. I will try this on 7.2.3 here sometime soon and report back.

More info: This DataShape is defined in XML but imported as a part of an extension package. I did clone the DataShape, make a new property with that, and it has the same issue, so this is likely not relevant information.

ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:jasong)

I can't seem to reproduce it. I created a thing with an Infotable property, assigned it a datashape with a string field, and set and deleted entries in this infotable. Everything seemed to work as expected in 7.0.3, 7.1.0, and 7.2.3. Perhaps the issue is only intermittent for you? Otherwise, what kinds of fields are in your datashape?

Hi Tori,

The bug appears when there's a horitzontal scroll bar ( "lots" of datashape properties ), I've checked and it appears on at least < 6.5.13, then I've checked on a 7.2.4 and it doesn't seems to be there.

Carles.

The bug it's there, but as it doesn't affects customers I've never reported back to Support What I usually do to overpass it it's open browser developer tools, inspect the checkbox HTML and set add checked property on the checkbox tag

Nice find. I know they fixed a lot of that sort of thing around 7.1 or 7.2, things size and wrap nicer, so I am glad it was on their radar.

Top Tags