cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

IS there a way to avoid changing of Configuration for database in thingworx thing

aksharma2911
5-Regular Member

IS there a way to avoid changing of Configuration for database in thingworx thing

Hi, 

I have a thing which is used to connect to an oracle database. It has configuration as connection string username and password. 

If I have 3 instances of Thingworx i.e Dev/Test/Prod. for each environment I have different connection string to connect to db and different credentials as the database is different.

With this setup, if I have to port my thing from Dev to Test and Test to Prod . I have to always manually modify the configuration of the thing with connection string, username and password. 

Is there any way with which I can persist the configuration of change after every port ?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:aksharma2911)

You could maintain a file let's say with json content on each server with configuration for the Things.

When the Thing starts (on ThingStart event) it can read and compare to the configuration, update itself and call a RestartThing

Top Tags