cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Identify Xpaths of Thingworx Application

Divya23490
3-Visitor

Identify Xpaths of Thingworx Application

Hi all,

How to identify the xpaths of Thingworx based IOT application. Whenever i try to use ID's, the ID are dynamic so the Xpath fails. Please suggest how can i identify the Xpaths to automate the Thingworx IOT application. I am using selenium webdriver to automate the application.

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Divya23490)

The Widget IDs shouldn't be changing, what ID are you using?

You should be able to inspect the page source or use developer tools and the DOM should be the same each time it loads, except for Collection/Repeater widget content.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Divya23490)

The Widget IDs shouldn't be changing, what ID are you using?

You should be able to inspect the page source or use developer tools and the DOM should be the same each time it loads, except for Collection/Repeater widget content.

Thanks for the response. I am identifying using class name right now. There are instances like The span tag text is having a <br> tag in between so the text is not getting identified. Please suggest what can be solution for this.

I need to confirm whether we can use selenium to identify the colors in the application. Please suggest the right tool to identify the color in Thingworx Application.

Top Tags