cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Run Android Steam Sensor Application Issue

AliBenBelgacem
14-Alexandrite

Run Android Steam Sensor Application Issue

I downloded the last version of Java sdk thingworx (7.0.2) and I am trying to build the Android-Steamsensor sample.

I am following this tutorial (3 steps):

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/edge_sdk_java/en/index.html#page/java_sdk/c_android_sdk_samples_build_cmd_line.html#wwID0EOLIO

I run gradle.bat assemble

=> Output:

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 7.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/6.3/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 740ms

According to the tutorial, this command produces your ready-to-deploy apk files in the subdirectory, build/outputs/apk

However there nothing !

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I have the same here, also with the other android sample projects. Have you tried build it using Android Studio? There is in the doc a section that says "Download and extract the distribution bundle for the Android SDK. This installation provides the appropriate environment for building and running the examples."

Nevertheless the doc page you listed says otherwise, therefore I suggest to create a ticket with support as it's clearly not working as described.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

the documentation you link says:

Do not try to build any of these projects using your own, locally installed version of Gradle. The Gradle plugins are sensitive to the version of Gradle that you use to build the project, and the project build will fail. Run one of the commands shown above.

There is no gradle.bat in the distribution. There is only gradlew.bat. When you run gradle.bat you take some other gradle installation from your system which is gradle 7, not gradle 6 so it won't run.

you need to run

.\gradlew.bat assemble

AliBenBelgacem
14-Alexandrite
(To:Rocko)

Yes of course, i notice that i need to run the gradle wrapper in the package and not the one installed on my machine.

i put an echo in gradlew.bat and here is the runned  command:

URL TO JAVA/java.exe" "-Xmx64m" "-Xms64m" "-Dorg.gradle.appname=gradlew" -classpath "URL OF THE PROJECT\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.jar" org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain assemble

As i said the build is successful but nothing generated !

Ok, I have the same here, also with the other android sample projects. Have you tried build it using Android Studio? There is in the doc a section that says "Download and extract the distribution bundle for the Android SDK. This installation provides the appropriate environment for building and running the examples."

Nevertheless the doc page you listed says otherwise, therefore I suggest to create a ticket with support as it's clearly not working as described.

Announcements

Top Tags