cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Images don't appear in Collection widget

JulianaGuerra
11-Garnet

Images don't appear in Collection widget

Hello! I'm having some difficulties with the collection widget and hoping someone can help me understand this error. So, I have an Infotable with 4 parameters which 3 are text (string) and 1 is an image. The 3 strings appear with no problem in my Mashup but the Image does not.
I tried to add it on my infotabel directly, through a service and even changed the parameter type from image, imagelink, and string (with the path to the image), nothing has worked so far... any advice? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have attached a set of files which you can use if that helps!

Regard

Shyam

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I am able to do it use following steps:

1. infotable should return the image url in string form like this "/Thingworx/MediaEntities/testimg" see infotable image as attached
2. create a child mashup which you want to repeat on collection. Create 3 mashup parameters( I am supposing 2 labels and one image on collection) of String datatype and bind it to your value. Bind img string type with the image url of Image. find in attached images as childmash.
3. Once in the collection, when you select the child mashup, you will find MashupPropertyBinding property and provide value as Json (  {"prop1":"lbl1", "prop2":"lbl2", "userImg":"img"}  ).  Here lbl1, lbl2 and img are child mashup properties and prop1, prop2 and userImg are infotable columns.

Hello! Thank you so much, however, I've already tried that approach and it still didn't appear in my main mashup

Hello,

I have attached a set of files which you can use if that helps!

Regard

Shyam

Thank you so much for your help! I decided to start over, check your example and now it's all good. 

Regards, 
Juliana 

cool

Top Tags