cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Import Failed

Madavan1
2-Guest

Import Failed

Hi ,

I am using thing worx developer trail version. I am trying to upload the lab files downloaded from the developer thing worx .com. The "ThingworxFundamentalpreloaddata.json" entities files are not getting imported . i am getting error as "Internal error: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Allowable limit for licensed feature User is reached "

Kindly guide me to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Madavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:Madavan)

About the " The LAB files exceed the limitations for users (8) set on our trials" , ThingWorx Trials has user creation limit of 8 while LAB files from the training classes will try creating more than 8 users.
So the error happened because during importing more than 8 users be created and that overreached the limit.

You can check user limit of your TWX instance as below.
1. Open following page.
     Monitoring -> Subsystems -> Licensing Subsystem Settings
2. Check "AvailableFeatureCount" of row  with "FeatureName : twx_named_user"
     TotalFeatureCount means user limit, AvailableFeatureCount mean how many available are left.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jebeck
6-Contributor
(To:Madavan1)

The trial editions are capped at 150 Things.  It looks like you have reached that limit.  How many things do you currently have?  You can identify in Composer.

Hi Team

I haven't created any new things in trail version .The first activity am doing in trail version is "Trying to import ThingWorxFundamentalsPreloadEntities.xml from PrecisionLMS LAB files. "

Kindly guide me to overcome this issue and help me to start my learning in thing worx.

Thanks In Advance !
jebeck
6-Contributor

At this time, the ThingWorx Trials from the Developer Portal will not be able to import the LAB files from the training classes.  The LAB files exceed the limitations for users (8) set on our trials.

Madavan
4-Participant

Hi Team,

Can you briefly explain about this setting " The LAB files exceed the limitations for users (8) set on our trials" ?

wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:Madavan)

About the " The LAB files exceed the limitations for users (8) set on our trials" , ThingWorx Trials has user creation limit of 8 while LAB files from the training classes will try creating more than 8 users.
So the error happened because during importing more than 8 users be created and that overreached the limit.

You can check user limit of your TWX instance as below.
1. Open following page.
     Monitoring -> Subsystems -> Licensing Subsystem Settings
2. Check "AvailableFeatureCount" of row  with "FeatureName : twx_named_user"
     TotalFeatureCount means user limit, AvailableFeatureCount mean how many available are left.

Top Tags