cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Importing the entities file into Thingworx composer

radhikari
1-Newbie

Importing the entities file into Thingworx composer

When i'm importing the entities file into my Thingworx composer, it asks for a login credentials again. After that it shows import successful but I can't see any of the things, thing templates or mashups. Why is this happening?

I am a newbie. thingwox composer 5. Asks for login credentials again while importing xml and json files even though i'm logged on as the administrator. After logging in it shows Import Successful yet no content is added.

12 REPLIES 12
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:radhikari)

Not sure what version you are using, but that is not how it should behave, I would contact support at support.ptc.com

I am using Thingworx 5.2.0.437.

Can you try restarting Tomcat and retry the import? Are the imported entities from a ThingWorx version more recent than your installed version?

No its exactly the same version.

brue
1-Newbie

After trying what Aanjan suggested and you are still having issues, check the Application Log by clicking Monitoring then Application inside ThingWorx. It will bring up a new browsing tab that you can use to look through the logs. Check to see if there are any errors about importing.

radhikari
1-Newbie
(To:brue)

These are the logs I found. Please suggest what i should do.

Capture1.PNGCApture2.PNG

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Looks like you are missing some extensions? Did you import the necessary extensions before importing the Entities?

brue
1-Newbie

+1 what Pai stated. It appears you are missing some ThingTemplates. From what I am reading, you are simply importing some entities xml file? Possibly exported from another system?

If the missing templates are part of an extension, make sure to import that extension first so that your system will have the templates your things need. If the missing templates were simply created on another system, you can export them first and then import them into your system before importing your entities file. I hope this helps!

Hi, so.. since i tried importing entities separately. Did not work for the most part. But then i started to import through the data shapes.. then thing shapes, then templates.. so on and so forth. so finally i was able to import it but you know, step by step. Not as a whole.

brue
1-Newbie

There has been major changes to ThingWorx in 6.6 around importing. Glad you got it figured out though!

That should not be happening though. Did you export each entity type separately, then imported them followed by data? From what I've come across, if it keeps asking for authentication after import, either the user timed out/ was not authorized correctly; or data imports from a newer version onto an older version; or worst case some form of database corruption.

What version of ThingWorx are you using and what happens when you try to refresh/search for the entities?

Top Tags