cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

In Network, how to display any other value for all nodes instead of ThingName under hierarchy

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

In Network, how to display any other value for all nodes instead of ThingName under hierarchy

Hi Team,

Suppose I have a below network:-

A(Parent)

B (Child of A)

C(Child of B)

where A ,B and C are ThingNames of ThingWorx Composer which is displaying on a tree widget in a mashup.

Let say things A,B and C has common property as 'displayName' and I want to show the hierarchy as per displayName, then how would I achieve this to show a network on a tree widget in Mashup.

For e.g., the result should be like:-

displayNameofA

displayNameOfB

displayNameOfC

(instead of ThingNames)

In short, I want to add some property in a network hierarchy instead of ThingName (or any other alternative instead of thingname)

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ranjank)

Usually I use either a loop or derivefields to add another (or several other) columns of information which then are used for display or state based definition etc.

Let's say you use GetNetworkConnections

then run a derivefields to add a column that is Things[treeinfotable.child].PropertyOfChoice

Now I have a new column with information from each of the things

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ranjank)

Usually I use either a loop or derivefields to add another (or several other) columns of information which then are used for display or state based definition etc.

Let's say you use GetNetworkConnections

then run a derivefields to add a column that is Things[treeinfotable.child].PropertyOfChoice

Now I have a new column with information from each of the things

Top Tags