cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Industrial Thing not saving "invalid name"' tags start with numbers

mikefinch87
10-Marble

Industrial Thing not saving "invalid name"' tags start with numbers

Similar to this case , I have trouble because of the tag names on the KepServerEX.  We are adding Thingworx to an existing KepServerEX solution which has been validated by quality.  The plant will not allow me to change the names.

2019-09-10 17:51:35.681+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.Things] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: https-jsse-nio-443-exec-2] [message: Import Failed: Invalid Name: [20565M3_20565M3_Assembly_Total] - Digits are not permitted at the begining of name]

Is there a workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to find a workaround.

Manually create a RemoteThing

Manually Set the IndustrialThing property.

Create the properties necessary using names with names that start with letters.

Bind the properties to the tags that start with numbers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mikefinch87)

Hi @mikefinch87.

I'm not aware of any workaround for this.  I would recommend that you post this issue as an improvement on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow others to vote on the issue, which could lead to consideration in a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

I was able to find a workaround.

Manually create a RemoteThing

Manually Set the IndustrialThing property.

Create the properties necessary using names with names that start with letters.

Bind the properties to the tags that start with numbers.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mikefinch87.

You are correct--that would be the workaround.  I encourage you to still post your suggestion on the Ideas board so it can be considered for a future release.  The workaround could become very cumbersome in the case of many things containing many properties.

Also, please feel free to mark your solution as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

The workaround is marked as a solution, but I am not able to post on the Ideas board, the button is faded out, and my mouse pointer changes to a circle with a slash through it when I mouse over it.  I assume that is because I do not have enough "rank" in this system.  If you can post it I can comment or upvote it assuming I have the authority.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mikefinch87.

Thanks for marking the Accepted Solution.  We appreciate your participation in the community!

Were you logged in at the time you tried to post the idea?  If so, I will follow up to see if something is set up incorrectly with your account.

Regards.

--Sharon

Yes, I was logged in.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mikefinch87.

Have you been able to create/update your PTC Support account in order to have the ability to post ideas on the community?  If you are having issues doing so, please let us know so we can help.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags