cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

InfluxDB Telegraf

saguiarde
10-Marble

InfluxDB Telegraf

Hello,

Is Telegraf, from InfluxDB, supported as a Persistence Provider in ThingWorx?

If yes, can I set the connection similar as for InfluxDB or is there is something additional that I have to set it up?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Short answer, no. Telegraf is not a database. So, I did not understand your question clearly. Could you please explain your use case?

As mentioned in the link that you have shared, it is a plugin driven agent that could be used to collect data from a variety of sources including DBs and output it to others including InfluxDB.

If you are looking to extract ThingWorx data using Telegraf and output it to some other format for another system then, I believe, you will have to develop your own Telegraf plugin. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Short answer, no. Telegraf is not a database. So, I did not understand your question clearly. Could you please explain your use case?

As mentioned in the link that you have shared, it is a plugin driven agent that could be used to collect data from a variety of sources including DBs and output it to others including InfluxDB.

If you are looking to extract ThingWorx data using Telegraf and output it to some other format for another system then, I believe, you will have to develop your own Telegraf plugin. 

Hello @rjanardan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to extract data from ThingWorx and use Telegraf to output to another system. I thought there was a way to easily connect from ThingWorx to it. 

Thank you for the clarification and your answer!

Top Tags