cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Infotable property in User Extensions not working

eengelbrecht
11-Garnet

Infotable property in User Extensions not working

Good day

I have added an infotable property (with a defined data shape) to the user extensions thing shape as seen below

.Infotabe propert within User Extension thing shapeInfotabe propert within User Extension thing shape

I cannot update the infotable property on the user. If I open the infotable property up in the user the following is seen:

user.PNG

It seems that the data shape I added to the property is not pulling through.

I have tried calling the property through a service but I am given the error Must have a datashape defined to add rows. It seems to be similar to article CS240705 (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS240705&language=en&posno=2&q=infotable%20property%20user%20extensions&source=search). I am currently using ThingWorx 8.2.1-b140.

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

Quick update: managed to reproduce it and have reported to R&D with Jira it can be tracked here Can't set UserExtensions property of type InfoTable in ThingWorx Composer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@eengelbrecht Hi, i tested it out on 8.1.0 it's working fine for me.Attaching along couple screenshots for reference.

@supandey Hi, I think it might be a version issue, similar issues occurred with ThingWorx 7.0 to 7.1 but then they corrected the issue in ThingWorx 7.0.2, 7.1.1, and 7.2.0. Im using version 8.2.1

I tested it out also on 8.2.1, works fine. I just added this property to UserExtensions ThingShape > created a Thing with a Generic ThingTemplate and using UserExtensions ThingShape. And just with this I can add the values to the property which is implementing this DS similar to what you have highlighted in your screenshot. Adding my screenshot from New composer from 8.2.1

Just to confirm what sort of user are you working with when adding value to this DS?

It works fine if your user is a Thing with a Generic ThingTemplate but it doesn't work if your user is a Thingworx user. I was able to add a row to the property by creating a infotable and then adding a row to that using a service. I am still not able to update the property manually in design time, for a user, if i don't initially run the service I've spoken of.

@eengelbrecht wrote:

It works fine if your user is a Thing with a Generic ThingTemplate but it doesn't work if your user is a Thingworx user. 

What sort of group this ThingWorx user belongs to? May be it doesn't have sufficient access rights to Read/Write on DS or Thing/ThingTemplate/Shape? Does it work when you use Administrator user? When i was testing i used Administrator user to basically add values to this property manually.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

Quick update: managed to reproduce it and have reported to R&D with Jira it can be tracked here Can't set UserExtensions property of type InfoTable in ThingWorx Composer

Top Tags