cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Install error with Thingworx Analytics 8.0 on linux

baraspatch
8-Gravel

Install error with Thingworx Analytics 8.0 on linux

Hey All,

Just wanted to get some advice on and error i am getting trying to install Analytics 8.0 on linux.

Background

1. Running Cenots 7 64 bit

2. local install of Postgresql 9.5

I have ran the install script using the a local DB with the following setting 

port :8097

Host: <ip address>

username : postgres (default superuser)

password: default postgres

Install works fine the and then URL versioninfo works BUT some of the Database tables have not been install , and i would like to understand why and how to fix . 

Attached a with the output from a "docker logs analytics" command 

Cheers

Paul B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:baraspatch)

Hi Paul

The default application id is analytics, I see you are using analytics80, this would not exist by default.

Could you try with analytics (case sensitive) - see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS264461

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

How do you identify that you have got missing tables ?

Are you referring to the messages  of type"DB: table "application" does not exist, skipping" in docker logs analytics output ?

If yes, this output is normal when you start ThingWorx Analytics. I think it happens only the first time while the flyway migration occurs.

So if your statement is based on this output , then do not worry, your installation is fine.

The best is to load a dataset and run some job, so you can confirm it is working.

Hope this helps

Kind regrards

Christophe

Hey Christophe

Thanks for the feedback. I thought as much but as reading your advice i tried restarting analytics and trying to upload a data set. Got these messages and not sure if they are related to the missing application tables. 

Any help would be much appreciated 

ScreenShot 1 - Related when going into the Data area of the analytics builder page

ScreenShot 2 - Attempt at loading Sample CupCakes.csv

ScreenShot 3 - Confirmation of the connection to the Analytics server thru Composer

Cheers

Paul B

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Paul

The default application id is analytics, I see you are using analytics80, this would not exist by default.

Could you try with analytics (case sensitive) - see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS264461

Hope this helps

Christophe

CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:cmorfin)

Hello, Paul.

Has Christophe's latest reply solved your issue? If so, could you mark this as resolved, and if not, let us know what the current situation is?

Thank you very much,

-- Craig A.

Top Tags