cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Integrating barcode scanning functionality in mashup

Sujata_Shinde
2-Guest

Integrating barcode scanning functionality in mashup

Hi,

How to implement barcode scanning in thingworx? The requirement is, scanning the labels on equipment and use the information further in a database query as an input.

Thanks,

Sujata.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello, Sujata.

Possibly the QR Code Extension (available from the PTC Marketplace) could be of help. This is specific to QR Codes, and not necessarily general barcode scanning.

-- Craig A.

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I will check if we can use the QR codes in place of barcodes. In parallel, it would be great if i  get the desired behavior, by doing any customization to achieve barcode sacnning or  any kind of listener that can be implemented to make it possible?

Thanks,

Sujata.

Hi, Sujata.

I have not been able to find a more general barcode scanning extension in the Marketplace. I would think you should be able to create a custom extension using the ThingWorx SDK, depending on your exact use case.

In the meanwhile, have you had any luck with the QR Code implementation?

Thank you,

-- Craig A.

If it is possible to use a separate scanner vs. using a camera. you can get one that basically functions as a 'text input'

You select a box on a mashup then scan the code with the scanner and it will input the translated text in the box.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @Sujata_Shinde.

If one of the previous suggestions answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags