cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is Localization to German and English possible at same time?

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Is Localization to German and English possible at same time?

Hi,

I want to make convert my runtime mashup to German when I choose german locale and when I choose default locale I want to convert it back to English. I want the localization to be dynamic.

Is that possible? Please provide some idea.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

5 REPLIES 5

If you mean to have a dropdown where you select languages and everything changes, you need to force a browser refresh there's no way around.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CarlesColl)

You can use the Expression widget to trigger a browser refresh after the language choice

you should be able to use location.reload()

In Localization table, the tokens reference are only for parameters, this doesnt reflect in my runtime.

I do not want to use a drop down but there is a dropdown that is provided by default when I view mashup with languages when I choose different language the whole page doesnt change.

What is the right approach to this?

Here is the documentation on localization.

Not sure if perhaps you are missing the actual Localization Tables that drive the values for the tokens.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSystem%2FLocalizationTables%2FLocalizationTables.html%23wwID0EA3WS

So if you have the Language set for the user, the mashup will load their localization tokens.

If you are switching languages during runtime you'll need to do a browser request and in my previous reply you can see a method to accomplish that.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @svisveswaraiya

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags