cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is a ValueStream needed to plot historic values for a property?

riaanmarx
2-Guest

Is a ValueStream needed to plot historic values for a property?

Hi Everyone,

I have only been introduced to TWx 2 days ago, so please excuse if this is a stupid question:

I have defined a GenericThing-based Thing called "MyThing" with Integer property "MyProperty".

If I want to plot a graph on a Mashup (using the line graph widget), of the property "MyProperty", as it changed over time, would I need to somehow map a ValueStream to this property? 

I have been trying to do this and I cannot figure out how to map the stream and property. I searched the tutorials and courses, but they don't show examples of this use-case.

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Riaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:riaanmarx)

You would need some sort of historical data store.

Value Stream or Stream is a structure that you can use.

It would be the easiest way for you to use a ValueStream and set logging to true and assign that valuestream to the Thing (then use QueryPropertyHistory services to pull data to display)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You would need some sort of historical data store.

Value Stream or Stream is a structure that you can use.

It would be the easiest way for you to use a ValueStream and set logging to true and assign that valuestream to the Thing (then use QueryPropertyHistory services to pull data to display)

Thank you PaiChung!

And does this ValueStream then replace the Integer Property I already created on the Thing, or would you then somehow bind the two so that the property only return the current value?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The property shows the value in real time.

enabling logging on the property will now store this value over time as it varies.

Top Tags