cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is it possible to create a clickable text link to execute a service in HTML text area widget

YB_9464353
3-Visitor

Is it possible to create a clickable text link to execute a service in HTML text area widget

Dear all,

I have created a request in Postman, which can execute a certain service in Thingworx using REST API. I'm wondering is it possible to create a clickable text link in HTML text area widget to execute a service in Thingworx?

Best regards,

Yuan Bi

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @YB_9464353,

If possible can you please provide some more information around your use case.  I am curious to know why you would need todo this in the HTML widget vs calling the service via a mashup binding.

Thanks,

Hi @TravisPickett ,

thanks a lot for your reply. We have this kind of idea because we want to free some space in our mashups. 

The picture below is our mashup. We want to remove the "Zurücksetzen(Reset)" button to free more space.

The text marked in red is "An alarm message was sent on 03.03.2021. No alarm message will be sent till 03.10.2021. Please click the Reset button to reset this time window." in English.

YB_9464353_0-1614781720700.png

Best regards,

Yuan Bi

Hi @YB_9464353,

Thanks for the screen shot and explanation, this helped greatly in understanding.  To your original question, I was able to find a way to allow the link to call the service from html area however there are two draw backs at least to what I found.

• I could not stop the link from changing the current page
  • It required the request method setting to be modified which is not a best practice, CSRF Protection 

If you are still interested I can post the solution.

An alternate solution would be to use a combination of inline widgets, text widget for the first part of the message, button for reset, and then a text widget for the last word.  You will then need to use CSS to modify the button to look like a link.

You can also use the click event on the value display widget in place of the button.

Thanks,

Top Tags