cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is it possible to create network using .net sdk?

Shivaji
9-Granite

Is it possible to create network using .net sdk?

Hi,

I need to create hierarchy of things on thingworx platform where I need to show a gateway as a thing and devices connected to this gateway. 

Like: 

•    GatewayThing
    • DeviceThing1
    • DeviceThing2  
    • DeviceThing3

This is possible by creating network on the platform. However, is it possible to create network using .net SDK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:CRArko)

You can access any of the Thingworx server APIs via the client.invokeService method. If you are in the virtual thing class, you can use the this.getClient() method to get the client, and then invoke the service. In this way you can then use the EntityServices as normal to create the network.

Also, if you are using the EMS, there is a complete reflection of the Thingworx server API provided by the EMS, and you can call the same REST api you would on the server, except to the address of the EMS instead of the server, to achieve the same.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Shivaji)

Hello.

I don't think that's part of the functionality of the SDK itself. Looking at how the EMS Gateway works, I just don't see any methods that would accomplish what you're asking, at least as I understand it.

Is there a particular reason you need to do this from the SDK and not within the platform?

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:CRArko)

You can access any of the Thingworx server APIs via the client.invokeService method. If you are in the virtual thing class, you can use the this.getClient() method to get the client, and then invoke the service. In this way you can then use the EntityServices as normal to create the network.

Also, if you are using the EMS, there is a complete reflection of the Thingworx server API provided by the EMS, and you can call the same REST api you would on the server, except to the address of the EMS instead of the server, to achieve the same.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jamesm1)

Hi @Shivaji.

If one of the previous responses provided a solution to your problem, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with similar issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags