cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there a way to integrate Microsoft Dynamics with Flow

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Is there a way to integrate Microsoft Dynamics with Flow

Hi All,

We are trying to connect Dynamics 365 (not CRM) with flow with very little success.

I can and have successfully connected to Dynamics CRM so I know that part works.

After discussions with PTC we were told to use odata  to retrieve the information.

I have the endpoints and I can view the entities in a browser.

I know that in flow I need to setup a OData basic connector but that's where I fall short.

I was pointed to  Configuring and Loading OAuths > OData

Shown below.

OData
Perform the following steps every time you want to add an OAuth provider for your OData instance:
1. Configure OAuth on your OData instance, and as per your OAuth configuration, provide values in the OAuth configuration JSON file. The following are example values that you might provide for loading OAuths:
▪ Provide header information in the "oauth2_validate_headers" array, as shown in the sample array:
{
"oauth2_validate_headers": [
"{\"Authorization\":\"Bearer {access_token}\"}",
"{\"Content-Type\":\"application/json\"}"
]
}
▪ Provide scope information in the "oauth2_params_scope" array, as shown in the sample array:
{
"oauth2_params_scope": [
"{\"READ\":\"READ_PRIVILEGES\"}"
]
}
▪ Provide values for client_id, client_secret, redirect_uri, and base_url.

Unfortunately the example doesn't really make any sense to me.

Has anybody done this?

Can anybody share an example?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BryanK)

Hi @BryanK.

Please drop me an email with the name of the PTC associate you spoke with so I can follow up.  In the meantime, take a look at topic from the Help Center?

Regards.

--Sharon

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi,

This eventually, went off to RND, we needed to make a custom connector that is based off the odata connector. 

After we got this to work, i had to open an additional call to try to use the actions. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Thanks for the feedback 

Top Tags