cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there any way to make graphs and tables in mashup change according to the data and filters

BP_10210965
3-Visitor

Is there any way to make graphs and tables in mashup change according to the data and filters

I was creating a project, and I ended up having 30+ dashboards/mashups for output. Among these mashups, only the display info-table/Table structure is different (the column values are different for almost all of them). Is there any way I can reduce the number of dashboards/mashups, by having the mashup adjust the displayed table to different rows and columns automatically?

Since hosting 30+ mashups for output is too much load on my tomcat server, I need a simple method to make the mashup based graphs and tables adapt to the data and filters selected instead of having a full mashup for every different selection of data and filters .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:BP_10210965)

Have you looked into using 'contained mashups' and then pass your data or part of your data in using Mashup parameters?

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Mashups/CreatingAContainedMashup.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Have you looked into using 'contained mashups' and then pass your data or part of your data in using Mashup parameters?

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Mashups/CreatingAContainedMashup.html

The thing is I have different number of columns in different tables, due to which this solution will not work. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

So in the old Grid you can use 'Show All Columns' to show data without a DataShape

I believe in the new Grid you can provide the DataShape dynamically.

There are I think a few widgets now where that is possible, so you could generate the DataShape dynamically (in memory not actual entity) or provide the actual datashape into those widgets with your data.

I haven't done this myself, so I can't help you beyond this point

DanZ
15-Moonstone

At least regarding Grids you can dynamically adjust the displayed columns and general settings via a JSON. It is a bit time consuming to create the config JSON with a custom service for each of your cases, but you need only one grid widget for each situation.

I think for graphs it is a bit difficult to implement a generic approach. I think I would stick to Pais approach and use contained mashups for each graph.

Top Tags