cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Issue with ThingWorx Extension Built Using ReactJS Component Integration

VK_10764865
2-Guest

Issue with ThingWorx Extension Built Using ReactJS Component Integration

Subject: Issue with ThingWorx Extension Built Using ReactJS Component Integration

Hello ThingWorx Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding an issue I've encountered while trying to build a ThingWorx extension that integrates ReactJS components.

Here's a brief overview of the situation:

Objective: I am working on creating a ThingWorx extension that utilizes ReactJS components for enhanced functionality and user experience.

Problem: After successfully building the extension and importing it into ThingWorx, I'm encountering an error message stating that "React" and "ReactDOM" are not defined.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VK_10764865,

This is not usually easy to diagnose in a forum format, but please see below some questions that might help you:

1. Before testing this extension, have you built any other widget extension, so that you are familiar with the widget structure (I'm speaking about the internal runtime.js structure)? This type of issue can happen when  variables are not instantiated correctly (due to not being added where it's needed in the runtime.js methods).

2. I'm assuming the messages are shown in the Developer Tools / Console. Usually, when this happens, you can click on the file name and it will send you directly on the line of code that triggered this error. I usually put a breakpoint above it, so that I can inspect all variables. Depending on this inspection, I would place breakpoints even higher in the widget runtime.js structure, to see what code really gets executed.

3. What's the content of your metadata.xml? (redact what's proprietary if you're concerned of sharing it completely)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @VK_10764865,

This is not usually easy to diagnose in a forum format, but please see below some questions that might help you:

1. Before testing this extension, have you built any other widget extension, so that you are familiar with the widget structure (I'm speaking about the internal runtime.js structure)? This type of issue can happen when  variables are not instantiated correctly (due to not being added where it's needed in the runtime.js methods).

2. I'm assuming the messages are shown in the Developer Tools / Console. Usually, when this happens, you can click on the file name and it will send you directly on the line of code that triggered this error. I usually put a breakpoint above it, so that I can inspect all variables. Depending on this inspection, I would place breakpoints even higher in the widget runtime.js structure, to see what code really gets executed.

3. What's the content of your metadata.xml? (redact what's proprietary if you're concerned of sharing it completely)

Top Tags