cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Issue with installation of Thingworx Analytics 8.0 On Windows 10

lall
4-Participant

Issue with installation of Thingworx Analytics 8.0 On Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to install ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.0 on my Windows 10 system. I am using docker 17.03.1-ce-win5. The installation gives no error. When accessing the site it gives "Site Can't Be Reached" error.
I ran the command: docker logs analytics
Error: psql: could not connect to server: Connection timed out Is the server running on host "10.0.75.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 9000? Waiting for connection to PostgreSQL...  

On running the command: docker ps -a it does show the respective container names as output. 

Note: I also have a native installation of ThingWorx Foundation 8.0 running on a tomcat server instance at port 8080 with SQL connection which is working fine. I am using a existing PostgreSQL connection. Also disabling firewall is not a option.

Regards,

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:lall)

Saurabh,

Thanks for posting your question to this board.

You mentioned that you have a native install of ThingWorx on your machine?

If that is the case, the issue you are seeing is due to the port being in use, but we can confirm this by looking at the installation log. Please provide the install.log if one was generate, it should be in the your install directory /ThingWorxAnalyticsTrialEdition directory.

The fix for this is to turn off tomcat while performing the install. Something worth noting, the ATE includes a trial version of ThingWorx Platform Foundation Server.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:lall)

Saurabh,

Thanks for posting your question to this board.

You mentioned that you have a native install of ThingWorx on your machine?

If that is the case, the issue you are seeing is due to the port being in use, but we can confirm this by looking at the installation log. Please provide the install.log if one was generate, it should be in the your install directory /ThingWorxAnalyticsTrialEdition directory.

The fix for this is to turn off tomcat while performing the install. Something worth noting, the ATE includes a trial version of ThingWorx Platform Foundation Server.

Regards,

Neel

lall
4-Participant
(To:nsampat)

Thanks Neel for the quick reply. I will  have a look at it. As of now I will upgrade my Thingworx to 8.2 and install the Analytic 8.2 version using the said method.

Will let you know if everything works out.

Regards,

Saurabh

Top Tags