cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Issues deleting a localization table (Editable System Objects Cannot Be Deleted)

CMabr
8-Gravel

Issues deleting a localization table (Editable System Objects Cannot Be Deleted)

Hi,

When importing an extension a localization table was inadvertently imported as well. The issue is that this table has the attribute "aspect.isEditableSystemObject="True"" which means that it cannot be deleted from the Composer.

In a similar issue the solution was to export the localization table, set "isEditableSystemObject" to false and import it. However this does not work in this case as the importer ignores the new edited file with the message: "Editable Localization Table Already Exists, Ignoring Imported Object Except for Tokens LocalizationTable [xx] "

Is there any other way to delete this specific localization table?

Thanks in advance,

/M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CMabr)

Hi @CMabr.

After further investigation and testing, it was verified that there is no way to do this via the standard interfaces.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CMabr.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  Was the extension you were importing custom or one provided by PTC?  If custom, please provide the extension so we can perform some testing.

Regards.

--Sharon

CMabr
8-Gravel
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the reply @slangley, I am using version 8.3.2-b535 of Thingworx. The extension is Advanced Grid 4.0.1, the "GridAdvancedExampleEntities.xml" file contains the following:

<LocalizationTables><LocalizationTable aspect.isCreatable="false" aspect.isEditableSystemObject="true" description="Advanced Grid example localization table" documentationContent="" homeMashup="" languageCommon="AdvancedGrid" languageNative="AdvancedGrid" lastModifiedDate="2018-05-15T15:28:27.913-04:00" name="ag" projectName="" tags="Applications:GridAdvanced"><Owner name="Administrator" type="User"/><avatar/><DesignTimePermissions><Create/><Read/><Update/><Delete/><Metadata/></DesignTimePermissions><RunTimePermissions/><VisibilityPermissions><Visibility/></VisibilityPermissions><ConfigurationTableDefinitions/><ConfigurationTables><ConfigurationTable description="Localization tokens and usage" isMultiRow="true" name="LocalizationTokens" ordinal="0"><DataShape><FieldDefinitions><FieldDefinition aspect.friendlyName="Translation context" baseType="STRING" description="Translation context" name="context" ordinal="3"/><FieldDefinition aspect.friendlyName="Token name" baseType="STRING" description="Token name" name="name" ordinal="0"/><FieldDefinition aspect.friendlyName="Token usage" baseType="STRING" description="Token usage" name="usage" ordinal="2"/><FieldDefinition aspect.friendlyName="Localized value" baseType="STRING" description="Localized value" name="value" ordinal="1"/></FieldDefinitions></DataShape><Rows><Row><context/><name><![CDATA[averageCost]]></name><usage/><value><![CDATA[AVERAGE COST:]]></value></Row><Row><context/><name><![CDATA[functionCalculations]]></name><usage/><value><![CDATA[(function calculations do not include rows that are not visible in grid&#44; unless you perform your own server side calculations like in back-order column)]]></value></Row><Row><context/><name><![CDATA[onBackOrder]]></name><usage/><value><![CDATA[ ON BACK-ORDER!]]></value></Row><Row><context/><name><![CDATA[totalCost]]></name><usage/><value><![CDATA[TOTAL COST:]]></value></Row><Row><context/><name><![CDATA[totalUnits]]></name><usage/><value><![CDATA[TOTAL UNITS:]]></value></Row></Rows></ConfigurationTable></ConfigurationTables><ConfigurationChanges><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-04-24T10:56:47.065-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="MODIFY" changeReason="header : description : updated&#10;" timestamp="2018-04-24T10:58:52.115-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-04-24T11:02:01.612-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-04-24T19:44:12.572-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-04-27T08:31:11.690-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-05-14T12:07:05.637-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-05-15T11:11:55.079-04:00" user="Administrator"/><ConfigurationChange changeAction="CREATE" changeReason="" timestamp="2018-05-15T15:28:27.913-04:00" user="Administrator"/></ConfigurationChanges></LocalizationTable></LocalizationTables>

which created the unwanted localization table that cannot be deleted.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CMabr.

I imported the sample file that comes with the 4.1.1 version of Grid Advanced but am not seeing a new localization table.

In ThingWorx Composer, please browse to Localization Tables and send a screenshot of the tables listed there.  Also, please advise which one you're trying to delete.

Regards.

--Sharon

CMabr
8-Gravel

Here is a screenshot of the tables... The table "ag" is the one I wish to delete but am unable to.

Capture.PNG

The following message is displayed when trying to delete it:

Capture2.PNG

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CMabr.

Apparently the newer version of the examples no longer includes this localization table.  Here's my screen after doing the import of the one that comes with the 4.1.1 extension:

Localization tables.PNGPlease send me the .xml you imported so I can try to come up with a way to delete it.

Regards.

--Sharon

CMabr
8-Gravel

I've attached the XML file that creates the localization table to this comment. Please let me know if there is any additional information you need from me.

Thanks.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CMabr.

After further investigation and testing, it was verified that there is no way to do this via the standard interfaces.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CMabr.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags