cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

It is officially supported Thingworx 8.0 platform for Windows and Analytics 8.0?

mpagliotta
1-Newbie

It is officially supported Thingworx 8.0 platform for Windows and Analytics 8.0?

Hello everybody!

Now that it was released 8.0, I read on the guides that now Analytics is available for Windows 7,8 and 10.

Can i install on Windows Server 2008 VM Thingworx Core 8.0 and on Windows 10 VM Thingworx Analytics 8.0 ?

Is this configuration officially supported Or is better the CentOS version?

Thanks

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:mpagliotta)

Hi Marco

You can install ThingWorx core 8.0 on Windows 2008 and you can install ThingWorx Analytics 8.0 on Windows 10.

However you may not be able to install inside a Virtual machine. The reason is that ThingWorx Analytics requires docker.

Docker on Windows uses some virtualization feature that I don't think you will be able to use inside a VM. You probably need to run on a physical Windows 10 machine.

If you need to run in a VM, then use a Linux based version for ThingWorx Analytics so that docker can run on it.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Thanks for the answer!

i have a further question, now i'am thinking on 2 installation options.

It is better if i install THingworx Core on Windows 2008 VM and Analytics on CentOS VM or both on 2 different CentOS VM?

PTC, if you know, which configuration suggests? Or both configuration are the same?

Thanks again

Marco

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:mpagliotta)

Hi Marco

This will be a matter of preference for you. From a ThingWorx point of view both are the same.

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags