cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

JDBC Connection Programmatically

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

JDBC Connection Programmatically

Hey guys,

In the current solution that I have, there are multiples JDBC Connection Thing.

Thus, if we decide to change SQL Server, we need to go through each Thing and modify the JDBC Connection String.

I would like to have a mashup that let me modify every JDBC Connection Thing.

I found out that there is a service in a Database Thing where you get a Configuration table ("ConnectionInfo") .

This returns the Configuration settings.

Then there is a service where you can save the modification you have done.

I have created a service that gets all the entities's configuration.

In the infotable, there is a password field which is set to password type so no one can see it.I'm using that infotable in a grid inside a mashup.

What I was wondering is how can I edit that value ?

The CheckBox editable is set to true in both column parameter and widget parameter but I can't edit it in the grid.

I can edit everything else but the password which is a shame..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:fgrondin)

You can edit a password field if you render it as a string field, when you are editing the columns under column render and state format. It will only show the encrypted version of the password, but you can then enter in a new string and pass that along using the edited infotable. Im not sure if you need to re-encrypt the password before setting it, though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:fgrondin)

You can edit a password field if you render it as a string field, when you are editing the columns under column render and state format. It will only show the encrypted version of the password, but you can then enter in a new string and pass that along using the edited infotable. Im not sure if you need to re-encrypt the password before setting it, though.

Top Tags