cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Jar Conflict error when importing DataExport extension

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Jar Conflict error when importing DataExport extension

Hello All. Trying to import the DataExport extension from  Marketplace and getting an error and a warning:

ERROR: JAR conflict Checking ThingWorx system JARS [existing: bcprov-jdk15on-1.51.jar, package: bcprov-jdk14-1.38.jar]

and 

WARN: Deprecated extension structure: The element, DataExporterRepository, was found in metadata.xml and is a deprecated pattern for defining Things in an extension. Please refer to Project and Extension File Structure in the ThingWorx Extension Development Guide for more information.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be conflicting? And how to solve?

Thanks

Ewerton

5 REPLIES 5
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:emoreira)

@emoreira Hello Ewerton, which version of ThingWorx you are using and getting error. Is it you were using Data Export earlier and now facing issue while importing to an instance?

-Durgesh

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh, thanks for the quick response. :)

I am using 8.1, It is the first time I am installing it in the server.

Cheers

Ewerton

mnarang
17-Peridot

Well this is happening because you already have this Jar - bcprov-jdk15on-1.51.jar in your C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\lib folder .And you are trying to import the same through extension so it is conflicting .

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:mnarang)

I figured this. I just don't know what put it there and how to overcome it..

ankitgupta
5-Regular Member

This issue can be easily solved.

Just delete the bcprov-jdk15on-1.51.jar from the extension and update the metadata.xml to remove the entry for this jar.

Import the extension again and it works :)

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

Top Tags