cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Java Edge SDK not pushing properties to Composer?

bturek
1-Newbie

Java Edge SDK not pushing properties to Composer?

Hi all,

I have been working on a Java application that pulls a list from a SharePoint server and stores the list into an InfoTable property. I have my properties defined as so:

@ThingworxPropertyDefinitions(properties = {

@ThingworxPropertyDefinition(

name="List",

description="Demo SharePoint List",

baseType="INFOTABLE",

category="Status",

aspects={"isReadOnly:true"}

),

@ThingworxPropertyDefinition(

name="FaultStatus",

description="Fault status",

baseType="BOOLEAN",

category="Faults",

aspects={"isReadOnly:true"}

),

and initializing from annotations like:

super.initializeFromAnnotations();

Now the client is being picked up by Monitors > RemoteThings. and the isConnected property is being set to true.

Is there something I'm missing for why the application isn't pushing the defined properties in the code?

Thanks,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bturek
1-Newbie
(To:bturek)

I have managed to solve my own issue.

The problem was that I did not include all the jar's from the lib folder into my project, and during run-time the software was not providing any feedback.

More specifically, to get the Annotated properties functioning correctly I had to include the jackson-*.jars

After including them and re-running the program, I was able to pull the properties from the client.

Bryan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibanham
1-Newbie

Hi

You need to use the SetProperty(PropertyName, value) method to set the values in the agent, you then need to use the UpdateSubscribedProperties(timeout) method to push the values to the ThingWorx server.

Regards

Ian

bturek
1-Newbie
(To:ibanham)

Ian,

Thanks, however I managed to solve my own problem. I'm writing a post to reply to this topic.

I had already had the setProperty() and updateSubscribedProperties().

Thanks anyway!

Bryan

bturek
1-Newbie

I have managed to solve my own issue.

The problem was that I did not include all the jar's from the lib folder into my project, and during run-time the software was not providing any feedback.

More specifically, to get the Annotated properties functioning correctly I had to include the jackson-*.jars

After including them and re-running the program, I was able to pull the properties from the client.

Bryan

Top Tags