cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Keep menu item selected after navigating

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Keep menu item selected after navigating

Hi all, 

Is it possible to keep the menu selected in a menu widget after navigating to a different mashup? 

Now the menu is still visible but has no item selected after navigating. It is essential to use the menu widget and not the collection widget, because we need the return functionality in the browser. 

Thanks. 

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jasperlg)

Hi @jasperlg.

From a review of the case, it was determine that it is not possible to keep the menu selection after the click out of the box.  Some options available to you are:

• Submit a feature request on the ThingWorx Ideas Board
  • Look into CSS styles and try modifying Mashup CSS (class active) 
  • Engage with Professional Services to assist with developing the functionality to fit your needs.  To do so, you would need to reach out to the Sales team.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

Have you looked at using a Master?  Here's a link to more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, the issue I'm talking about also occurs in masters, I would only need the feature in masters and not in regular mashups. 

Kind regards, 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

Are you using multiple masters?  We suspect the issue may be a configuration issue.

If you would like we can open a case on your behalf and review via a WebEx.  Let me know if you would like to take that approach.

Regards.

--Sharon

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

@slangley

In my project I'm using multiple masters. In my desktop version of the project, I'm using multiple masters in one mashup, in the mobile version there is only one master in a mashup. 

I would definitely like to have this reviewed. If this requires to open a case, then we can do that. 

Kind regards, 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

I have created a case on your behalf.  Someone should be reaching out to assist shortly.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

From a review of the case, it was determine that it is not possible to keep the menu selection after the click out of the box.  Some options available to you are:

• Submit a feature request on the ThingWorx Ideas Board
  • Look into CSS styles and try modifying Mashup CSS (class active) 
  • Engage with Professional Services to assist with developing the functionality to fit your needs.  To do so, you would need to reach out to the Sales team.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags