cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Kepserverex IoT Gateway, Azure IoT Hub, ThingWorx

randomName
4-Participant

Kepserverex IoT Gateway, Azure IoT Hub, ThingWorx

Hello,

I'm currently sending value of simulated tag with KepserverEx IoT Gateway via MQTT message to Azure IoT Hub. I got ThingWorx Azure IoT Hub Connector working and was able to add KepserverEx IoT gateway device to ThingWorx from Azure IoT Hub.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot get Kepservers tag values visible to thing as remote property. If I try to call GetRemotePropertyMappings service I get no results. How to get original tag value visible?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:randomName)

Hi @randomName.

Can you provide your use case for this?  There are ways for KEPServerEX to communicate directly with ThingWorx without the need for the Azure IoT Hub. 

It would also be helpful to know the versions you are running of each of these products.

Regards.

--Sharon

randomName
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Hi,

\\Can you provide your use case for this?

Factory is already collecting data from production lines via KepserverEx Iot Gateway to Azure IoT Hub and from there to storage. I’m doing a demo at first in my own environment to get them to consider moving to ThingWorx. That’s why I thought of using same route to move manufacturing data to ThingWorx.

KepserverEx -> Azure Iot Hub -> Thingworx

Would you suggest using other kind of configuration in this situation?

\\It would also be helpful to know the versions you are running of each of these products.

I’m running KepserverEx 6.4.321.0

ThingWorx version is 8.4.0-b2013

ThingWorx Azure IoT Hub Connector is version 2.0.0.141

Regards

jhärkänen

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @randomName.

Apologies for the delay on this.  I have been working to find someone who could assist further with this post, but have not been successful.  And as you know, there have been no responses from the community.

As an alternative, you can contact your Sales rep directly or reach out to the Sales team here to discuss options available for engaging with our Services team to assist you with a solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags