cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

LED display widget not clickable

muzzammil
11-Garnet

LED display widget not clickable

I want to execute the service upon clicking LED display widget. I'm being able to do so with value display widget. But, is there any way to do the same with LED display widget?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello muzzammil,

I took a quick look into this and it would seem that there is no clicked action for the LED Display Widget as this widget is non-responsive.

With that said a noted workaround would be to overlay a Button Widget on top of the LED Display and then proceed to set all of the styles for the button to null color values (e.g. DefaultContainerStyle). You will also need to remove the value supplied for Text to ensure the button is empty. Lastly, you will want to set the Z Index for the button to be higher than the Z Index for the LED Display so that the button will be on top of the LED.

From here you can set the desired functionality to the Clicked action of the button.

Please let me know how this turns out.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello muzzammil,

I took a quick look into this and it would seem that there is no clicked action for the LED Display Widget as this widget is non-responsive.

With that said a noted workaround would be to overlay a Button Widget on top of the LED Display and then proceed to set all of the styles for the button to null color values (e.g. DefaultContainerStyle). You will also need to remove the value supplied for Text to ensure the button is empty. Lastly, you will want to set the Z Index for the button to be higher than the Z Index for the LED Display so that the button will be on top of the LED.

From here you can set the desired functionality to the Clicked action of the button.

Please let me know how this turns out.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

thanks for your valuable response @tmisner . But, i wish to know, is there any other way like customizing that widget to serve that purpose or anything else besides using multiple widgets to serve this single purpose??

Hello muzzammil,

I am not personally aware of a way in which this widget could be customized to be achieve a clicked action.

With this said you are certainly welcome to submit this idea over on the ThingWorx Ideas board. This will provide visibility of the request to our Product Management Team and also allow other community members the opportunity to vote and comment on the idea.

Hopefully this helps you with this one going forward.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tmisner)

Hi @muzzammil.

If the responses provided by @tmisner answered your questions, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags