cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Label chart widget behaviour

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Label chart widget behaviour

Hello

I need to show a chart that works exactly like X-Y chart, but with the possibility to show at the X asix a date string (or a timestamp) and on Y a value".

X-Y Chart does not allow to use string or timestamp on X ... this is the problem. This is what I get 

clipboard_image_1.png

Graphically it is OK, the problem is that X are "days" theoretically, but to get this "effect" I had to use a pure number, 1 to n (on picture X labels are hidden). But a number is not easy to unterstand as a date (expecially with hover values) 

I tried so the Label Chart (with marker chart type) that is very flexible, but I get this ... because for each record it creates a new "label" so it "shift each new label right"

clipboard_image_2.png

original valus are something like

DAY    Y-VALUE   STATUS    X_VALUE_USED_FOR_XYCHART

01-09    0            Off               1

01-09    1            Off               1

01-09    2            Off                1

01-09    3            ON               1

01-09    4            ON               1

01-09    5            Off                1

02-09    1             Off               2

02-09    2              Off               2

02-09    3              ON               2

02-09    4              ON               2

02-09    5              Off               2

02-09    6              Off               2

02-09    7              Off               2

I can't find a chart that allows to obtain the label chart style, but with "vertical" lines.

It would be useful a label chart  widget that "aggregate" X values to the same column

or a X-Y chart allowing datetime or string as X values

Regards

______

Ivano

1 REPLY 1

Hello Ivano,

Here are few ideas, all of which may address your use case with different degree of ugliness:

1. Bubble Chart widget with small fixed-size bubbles;
  2. Grid widget with 31 columns, 24 rows and state-based formatting for the cells;
  3. Collections widget doing the same as (2), but with more control over the content;

Regards,
Constantine

Top Tags