cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

License file not created while installing thingworx 8.4

isha
7-Bedrock

License file not created while installing thingworx 8.4

I have deployed ThingWorx war file but licence file is not created inside Thingworx Platform folder. I have followed this document for license. Please suggest.

https://support.ptc.com/lm/ThingWorx_Navigate_8.1_Licensing_Instructions.pdf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:isha)

Isha,

I took a look at the application log, and seeing errors around connecting to your persistence provider (backend database for ThingWorx).

Have you modified your platform-settings.json file with the required parameters to upgrade from a previous version to 8.4?

You can read more about what needs to be done here: HelpCenter - Install/Upgrade ThingWorx on Windows

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

Did you get a text file generated in your ThingworxPlatform folder? Could you please attach your ApplicationLog.log file found in ThingworxStorage/logs?

isha
7-Bedrock
(To:posipova)

Please find the attached applicationLog.log file.

nsampat
17-Peridot

Isha,

I took a look at the application log, and seeing errors around connecting to your persistence provider (backend database for ThingWorx).

Have you modified your platform-settings.json file with the required parameters to upgrade from a previous version to 8.4?

You can read more about what needs to be done here: HelpCenter - Install/Upgrade ThingWorx on Windows

Regards,

Neel

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @isha.

If you have previously deployed ThingWorx on the same machine, the licenseRequestFile.txt may not get generated.  However, you can review the ApplicationLog.log located in \ThingworxStorage\logs for the Device ID needed to generate the license file.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @isha.

Are you still having issues with licensing?  If so, please provide a current set of logs from \ThingworxStorage\logs for further review.

If you have resolved the problem, please post the solution here for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags